- What exactly does MacDiarmid research?
- Alumni Videoprofiles
- Advice for Post-Grads
- External Listings
- Business Cards
- Managing Your Online Profile
- Positions Available
- MESA Resources
- Workshops & Seminars
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us
MESA wouldn’t exist without the support of several different institutions and organisations.
These are the organisations responsible for helping set up MESA and the content of this website:
- The MacDiarmid Insitute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Auckland University
- University of Canterbury
- Otago University
- Te Ropu Awhina whanau
“The practical application of stats for experimental research scientists”
Presented by Dr Dalice Sim from VUW’s School of Mathematics, Statistics and Operations Research. This one hour seminar will focus on statistics concepts that are important when undertaking experimental research such as:
-How uncertainty propagates when manipulating data
-How to consider error when fitting to data
-How to effectively and efficiently explore the parameter space for a new experiment.
Tuesday 21th May 2013, 3.00pm. Location: AM101, VUW (Wellington)
Alumni & Members: Join the MacDiarmid LinkedIn GroupMESA and the MacDiarmid Institute would like to invite you to connect to our official LinkedIn group, host to all of the Institute's members and alumni. These include many of New Zealand's leading researchers in nanotechnology and materials science, plus alumni pursuing careers abroad. Join us to network with current and former MacDiarmid researchers!
- No public Twitter messages.
Recent MESA Blog Posts
- Science Media SAVVY workshop report from Lisa Strover, MESA-Sponsored Attendee
- MacDiarmid Student and Postdoc Symposium 2012
- Transit of Venus Forum Impressions from Riyad Mucadam, MESA-Sponsored Attendee
- MESA Sponsored Attendance to the Transit of Venus Forum
- Data analysis and plotting with free and open source tools