A large part of MESA’s mission is to encourage students to expand their skills and to view their work in a wider context. With this in mind we regularly organize workshops and seminars, on a range of topics ranging from spectroscopy to business, presented by specialists for a scientific audience. We also post these workshops and seminars here on our website once they are recorded (see below)!
Details of upcoming seminars and workshops can be seen here (we also send out updates via Twitter and Facebook). If you have a suggestion for another topic that you would like to see covered get in touch with us via our Suggestion Box widget and we will endeavor to make it happen!
Previous Workshops & Seminars
If you missed one of our previous events (or would like to refresh your memory), they have been recorded and posted online:
- “Raman Spectroscopy for Materials Scientists” - Em. Prof. Joe Trodahl (May 20th, 2011)
- “Synchrotron Techniques” - Dr. Bridget Ingham and Dr. Ben Ruck (July 29th, 2011)
- “Datamashup Workshop“ – Tim McNamara (September 2nd, 2011)
- “Science Communication Tools” – Elizabeth Connor (September 28th, 2011)
- “Electrochemistry” - David Williams (March 2012)
- “Experimental Physics” - Josh Bailey and Patrick Herd (December, 2011)
- “Scientific Entrepreneurship in New Zealand” – Dr. Malcolm Menzies (June 24th, 2011)
- “Intellectual Property” - Dr. Jared Scarlet (August 5th, 2011)
- “Economics for Scientists : Part 1″ – Dr. Jodi York (July 20th, 2011)
- “Economics for Scientists: Part 2″ – Dr. Jodi York (July 27th,2011)
- “Economic growth and sustainability” – Dr. Suzi Kerr (August 22nd, 2011)
- “Entrepreneurial Failure“ – Dave ten Have (September 30th, 2011)