- What exactly does MacDiarmid research?
- MacDiarmid Institute PhD Internships
- Alumni Videoprofiles
- Advice for Post-Grads
- External Listings
- Business Cards
- Managing Your Online Profile
- MESA Resources
- Workshops & Seminars
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us
A large part of MESA’s mission is to encourage students to expand their skills and to view their work in a wider context. With this in mind we regularly organize workshops and seminars, on a range of topics ranging from spectroscopy to business, presented by specialists for a scientific audience. We also post these workshops and seminars here on our website once they are recorded (see below)!
Details of upcoming seminars and workshops can be seen here (we also send out updates via Twitter and Facebook). If you have a suggestion for another topic that you would like to see covered get in touch with us via our Suggestion Box widget and we will endeavor to make it happen!
Previous Workshops & Seminars
If you missed one of our previous events (or would like to refresh your memory), they have been recorded and posted online:
- “Raman Spectroscopy for Materials Scientists” - Em. Prof. Joe Trodahl (May 20th, 2011)
- “Synchrotron Techniques” - Dr. Bridget Ingham and Dr. Ben Ruck (July 29th, 2011)
- “Datamashup Workshop“ – Tim McNamara (September 2nd, 2011)
- “Science Communication Tools” – Elizabeth Connor (September 28th, 2011)
- “Electrochemistry” - David Williams (March 2012)
- “Experimental Physics” - Josh Bailey and Patrick Herd (December, 2011)
- “Scientific Entrepreneurship in New Zealand” – Dr. Malcolm Menzies (June 24th, 2011)
- “Intellectual Property” - Dr. Jared Scarlet (August 5th, 2011)
- “Economics for Scientists : Part 1″ – Dr. Jodi York (July 20th, 2011)
- “Economics for Scientists: Part 2″ – Dr. Jodi York (July 27th,2011)
- “Economic growth and sustainability” – Dr. Suzi Kerr (August 22nd, 2011)
- “Entrepreneurial Failure“ – Dave ten Have (September 30th, 2011)
MESA Twitter Feed
MacDiarmid students! Extend your PhD with an industry internship, amazing positions available from today: http://t.co/gL0b7iqEWT
- Tuesday Nov 19 - 5:38am
#pounamu 2013 is on! 24hrs of NZ-wide science gaming madness, play now! 3d printing genetics solar panels tim-tams native birds elec cars...
- Thursday Aug 29 - 1:01am
Recent MESA Blog Posts
- Science Media SAVVY workshop report from Lisa Strover, MESA-Sponsored Attendee
- MacDiarmid Student and Postdoc Symposium 2012
- Transit of Venus Forum Impressions from Riyad Mucadam, MESA-Sponsored Attendee
- MESA Sponsored Attendance to the Transit of Venus Forum
- Data analysis and plotting with free and open source tools
Alumni & Members: Join the MacDiarmid LinkedIn GroupMESA and the MacDiarmid Institute would like to invite you to connect to our official LinkedIn group, host to all of the Institute's members and alumni. These include many of New Zealand's leading researchers in nanotechnology and materials science, plus alumni pursuing careers abroad. Join us to network with current and former MacDiarmid researchers!
MESA photostreamUser not found