Do Emerging Scientists have a Future in New Zealand? The New Zealand Association of Scientists is hosting a one-day conference at Rutherford House in Wellington, on 16 April. The conference will focus on early career scientists.
The conference is targeted at emerging scientists, their existing and potential employers, future emerging scientists, policy makers and politicians.
MC: Prof Shaun Hendy, President NZAS
Confirmed speakers to date:
- Professor Richard Blaikie, Deputy Vice-Chancellor University of Otago;
- Phil O’Reilly, BusinessNZ;
- Dr Warren Smart, Ministry of Education;
- Hans van der Voorn, IZON;
- Dr Mark Stagg, RSNZ;
- Dr Melanie Massaro, University of Canterbury;
- Dr Debbie Hay, University of Auckland
- Dr Richard Furneaux, IRL
Sessions include: The State of the Nation (Government, Universities, CRIs); Policy, Statistics and Fellowships; The Emerging Scientists; Industry Perspective; Panel Discussion
Registrations open 1 March 2012, with special discounted rates available for students.
A full programme is available at http://www.scientists.org.nz/